Safeguarding the Sector

The Galaxy is in turmoil from an unexpected Sith invasion, is this the end of the Republic?
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Safeguarding the Sector

Postby Disenchanted » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:22 pm

After just under 2 weeks had passed, each member of the group received a summons to appear at the Arkora Regional Command Complex to debrief and offer input on how to best deal with the threats facing Iridonia at this time. On the specified date, they all arrived and were waiting in the lobby to be called in for their meeting.

:ooc:

Welcome back guys, from here on out, I will do my absolute best to keep this rolling slowly and steadily. It is my goal to not let a post sit stagnant for anymore than 48 hours from my end, try to keep me honest.
0 x
Tiberius

Re: Safeguarding the Sector

Postby Tiberius » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:39 pm

"I trust everyone had a productive 2 weeks? I know zex and I did."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
GTarrant

Postby GTarrant » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:33 pm

"Yes it was most enlightening and productive. I am looking forward to seeing my Master again too."
0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:50 pm

A young officer wearing a sharply pressed Republic Navy dress uniform eventually stepped through the conference room door into the silent lobby.

"They are ready for you", he said as he beckoned the group into the conference room.

The windowless room held little more than a large plasteel table large enough to seat 2 dozen at once. At the center of the the table was a series of holoprojectors and one wall was covered in a large viewscreen, but apart from these necessities the room was completely bare. On the far side of the table sat General Bragad, the Commanding Officer of the Iridonian Defence Force who had originally ordered the creation of Patrol 872, a man wearing the uniform of a Republic Admiral, and a Jedi. The Admiral looked haggard and tired with bags under his eyes and the top buttons of his coat unfastened, but nevertheless when the door opened he stood and snapped to attention with practiced military precision and saluted the group. The Jedi Master did not rise from his seat but he nodded in greeting towards Entarlo as he entered the room.

General Bragad did not stand, but managed a lazy salute for the group. Once they had all entered the General cleared his throat and began speaking. "Thank you for coming, we have alot to talk about. First let me introduce you to Admiral Dantre of the Republic Navy. He is the Admiral leading the battlegroup that came to our rescue during the incident a few weeks ago and he oversees all Navy operations in the sector."

The Admiral released his salute and returned to his seat.

"And beside him is Jedi Master Rag'ar, he is Entarlo Tassatinar's master and has been assigned to Iridonia for the time being as we will be acting as the Republic's base of operations for combating the Sith threat in the Sector. These two will be helping with our response to the situation and have been fully briefed on your involvement in thwarting the Sith attack. Now that you've all been introduced, we need to ask you a couple questions before we get to the actual purpose for this meeting. Admiral?"

Admiral Dantre leaned forward onto his elbows and began to speak, "First of all, thank you for your assistance onboard the Champion of Iridonia. Without your intervention I fear the ship would have been lost and the Sith forces would have been able to swarm to the surface of the planet before reinforcements arrived. But I need to know more about this Acaadi character. He seems to be in command of the invasion forces that we encountered last week, but you are the only people who have actually encountered him and survived. What do you know about him? Any little bit of information could help."
0 x
Tiberius

Postby Tiberius » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Tiberius speaks up:

"Acaadi was one of the Jedi who followed revan into the Mandalorian war. Afterword he returned to the order from what I understand. At that point I had already left for the outer rim so I don't have much first hand knowledge. However I do remember that He is a cunning tactician and fighter."

Tiberius then details the fight and Acaadi's use of tactics especially his ambushes, sabotage, and his attempt to secure the bridge of the ship.

"I'm afraid he will continue to try to pass himself off as republic personal to carry out a false flag operation and turn the outer rim even further from the republic."

Tiberius looks directly at Master Rowan, "perhaps it might be of some benefit if the Jedi order directly condemned him as a terrorist and helped track him down."

0 x
GTarrant

Postby GTarrant » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:28 am

"He is also a practiced and powerful Force user but not insurmountable. We were able to track him using the Force which is how we knew to follow him into orbit of the planet. He attempted to hide his presence with some success but with the help and logic of everyone we were able to track him down giving us some advantage in defending the ship. I think it reasonable to find him and have him answer for his crimes."
0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Admiral Dantre nodded slowly as Entarlo and Tiberus answered his question.

"Yes, that all matches our dossier on the man. But we will immediately enact personnel procedures to hopefully prevent any more infiltration of our ranks." He toward General Bragad, "You should do the same for your soldiers on the ground. We can not afford to allow the Sith to have inside men feeding them information.

As for all of you, should you each wish to continue your contract to the Republic, you will be placed under the direct command of the Republic Naval Operations Command, that's me, as a newly formed Commando Squad. Your primary Area of Operations will be the Norhern Mid Rim. You will be well paid and able to operate with very little oversight, we need teams like you to combat new threats that can't be fought with battleships and turbolasers."

The Admiral paused and looked at each of them in turn. "If everyone is on board, then we can start to talk business."
0 x
Tiberius

Postby Tiberius » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:16 am

Tiberius pauses a moment upon hearing the Admiral's offer.

Wonderful. It looks like the Republic is finally dedicated to maintaining order in the rim. We can finally start to pull this galaxy together. If only we can get the Jedi order to do their part we might be able to do some good for the common beings in the galaxy.

Tiberius adjusts in his chair steeples his fingers and says, "Admiral, as always I live to serve the Republic and the people of the rim. You can count on Zex and myself."
0 x
GTarrant

Postby GTarrant » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:16 am

"I too will be eager to serve the Republic and work with my Master."
0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Seeing everyone nod in agreement, the Admiral smiled, "In that case, welcome to RNOC."

Seeing everyone nod in agreement, the Admiral Dantre smiled, "In that case, welcome to RNOC."

The Admiral pressed a few buttons on the control pad on the table in front of him and threw up a map of the sector on the holoprojector.

"At this time, we cannot count on receiving any aid from the Republic, the vast majority of our forces are engaged with the bulk of the Sith invasion force in the Outer Rim. Small scouting fleets like the one that you encountered over this planet are bound to slip through and it's up to local forces to deal with them for now. If we were to weaken our front line then the entire Republic might be overrun in a matter of weeks.

We do not currently know what Acaadi's objective is or why he pressed an attack on Iridonia, and even worse, we've completely lost contact with his fleet. It is our hope that we prevented them from getting what they want, but the whole thing could have just been a probing attack, we just don't know. And since we do not know where the fleet is, for now we just have to wait. We have begun work across the sector to enhance our Early Warning Systems and planetary defenses, but mostly we just need to be ready for Acaadi's next move. And that's where you come in.

The Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders are still at large in this sector and are a continual threat to our supply lines and planetary forces, and we believe that their attack on the communications relay that you intercepted was organized by the Sith. With the comms relay down, Iridonia was not able to get a distress call out to my fleet for nearly an hour, a delay that could have easily cost us the planet. Your first mission as a RNOC squad will be to track down the Neo-Crusaders responsible for this attack and ensure that they are not impeding our efforts against the Sith. I believe the General has more details for you."

He motioned towards Bragad and the General cleared his throat before speaking, "Yes. So. Our teams were able to track down the origins of several of the Mandalorian's weapons that were left behind after you....neutralized them. And they all lead back to a shady weapons factory on Uba IV. Local authorities have always been suspicious that they were selling illegal weapons, but have never managed to prosecute anyone involved. This is the strongest link we've found to the Mandalorian organization in this sector yet. I'll send a briefing with information about the factory to your ships computer before you leave. It's not much to go on, but it's the best we have so far. Does anyone have any questions for us about the assignment?"
0 x
Tiberius

Postby Tiberius » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 pm

"General, I have just 2 questions. Firstly, will the local authorities be instructed to turn a blind eye to our activities against the forces holding the factory?
Secondly, I know it was mentioned we would have little oversight. But I want to confirm the scope of our mission. Are we neutralizing the factory and reporting back here with the intel? Or are we following the rabbit hole all the way down?"

0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:09 am

The admiral nodded, "You will not need to worry about the local authorities, if any issues come up, just say that you're with RNOC and they will be able to easily verify that information through their own systems. And we're not concerned about the factory. By and large they are doing nothing illegal, their arms are registered and they even provide much of the armament for the Uba government. However, we want to know how their guns are getting into the hands of the Neo-Crusaders, they are the primary objective. They have been causing issues in this sector for too long, and we cannot risk another attack like the one on the Communications Relay. We cannot afford to fight both the Sith and the Mandalorians whether they are knowingly working together or not."
0 x
GTarrant

Postby GTarrant » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:11 am

"My understanding then is that we are to question the factory, possibly fixing any leaks in "lost" weapon shipments, find the Mandalorians and neutralize them. The chance of escalation is...high. Are all powers that be prepared for the potential economic damage done to infrastructure and trade from the factory?"
0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 am

"Frankly, that's not my problem. My forces are stretched too thin as it is. Someone can put the pieces back together when we're done, but if we don't start hitting back then there won't be any pieces left over TO put back together."
0 x
Tiberius

Postby Tiberius » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:02 pm

"That's a sound decision admiral. It's Better having to rebuild a factory or 2 instead of losing the whole republic to the Sith."

Tiberius puts his hand on his chin and thinks for another moment.

"I think all my questions are answered. Are the rest of you ready to go stop some mandos?"

0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 pm

The Admiral dismissed the group and as everyone was leaving Master Rag'ar spoke for the first time, "Entarlo, Tiberious...A moment alone please?" He gestured to the table in front of him and waited for the room to clear.
0 x
Tiberius

Postby Tiberius » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Tiberius nods, looks cautiously at Rag'ar and returns to his seat.
Tiberius focuses even more upon obscuring his thoughts and emotions while he waits for the master to speak.

0 x
GTarrant

Postby GTarrant » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:33 pm

"Of course Master." Entarlo remains seated and awaits further instructions.
0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:18 pm

:00: Tiberius UtF
1d20 => 6 => 6

:00: Rag'ar UtF
1d20 => 19 => 19
0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:20 pm

James, briefly describe your thoughts and emotions
0 x
Disenchanted
Site Admin

Postby Disenchanted » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:39 pm

The Jedi master's gaze lingered for a moment on Tiberius as he sat down, he smirked before speaking.

"Thank you, I need to speak with the two of you about the dangers you are about to face. We are currently fighting a losing battle against the dark siders, since the invasion at least two hundred of our Order have turned against us and joined with the Sith along with countless Republic troops. Just as you saw while aboard the Champion of Iridonia, every time the Republic engages the Sith our soldiers are defecting and the enemy accepts them with open arms.

First and foremost, the two of you as must be exceedingly careful with your connection to the Force. The Sith will undoubtably tempt you and try to win you over to the dark side, but you must remain steadfast in your devotion. One moment of wavering commitment could doom you all.

Also, the Jedi order requests that the two of you work together to try and discern how the Sith are able to influence this many minds. Entrarlo, you will be the Council's eyes in this sector while I am busy with other assignments. And Tiberius, we would be grateful if you could offer him your....alternative perspective."
0 x

Return to “Knights of the Old Republic”